APLX 2021 International Conference: Call for Papers
APLX 2021 International Conference on Applied Linguistics
Call for Papers
Theme: Trends and Issues: Language, Culture, Translation and Bilingual Education
- Applied Linguistics: pragmatics, discourse analysis, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, corpus linguistics, phraseology, language and culture, language and technology, language assessment, cross-linguistic and cross-cultural communication, gender studies, and other relevant topics
- Bilingual Education and Bilingualism: English medium instruction (EMI), Content and language integrated learning (CLIL), bilingual language acquisition, bilingual teacher development
- Foreign Language Teaching Theory and Practice: L2 acquisition/SLA, content-based instruction, multi-/cross-cultural issues in English education, technology and English education, and other relevant topics
- ESP Research and Teaching: technical writing, corpus resources, English for vocational education/business/tourism/science/medicine/technology/management, innovations in ESP curriculum design, international/inter-cultural communication, trends and challenges in English for specific purposes
- Translation Studies: theory and practice of translation and interpretation, translation and interpretation teaching, audiovisual translation, game localization, translation and technology, news translation.
- Themes otherwise proposed are welcome.
The official languages of the conference are English and Mandarin Chinese. Proposals can be written in either English or Chinese, and each paper should be presented in the language in which it is submitted.
- Abstract Due: May 15, 2021
Submit your abstract for a paper in 200-300 words, together with the completed Author’s Information Form (see the Call for Papers Notice), in one Word file by May 15, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “2021 TAIPEI TECH Conference Abstract” as “Subject” in your email.
- Acceptance Notification: before June 15, 2021
- Full Paper Due (Optional): Full papers for the conference proceedings are optional. Please send your full paper prepared in the APA style on WORD to email@example.com by September 15, 2021, and please indicate “2021 TAIPEI TECH Conference Full Paper” as “Subject” in your email.
- Contact: Department of English, TAIPEI TECH at firstname.lastname@example.org